If you have been diagnosed with an industrial disease you may be entitled to benefits, in particular Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit: more details can be found at

If you are resident abroad it is still possible to claim benefits in this country.  You will need to contact:-

International Pension Centre,
Industrial Injuries, Room TC001,
Newcastle upon Tyne,
NE98 1BA

Telephone number 00 44 191 218 7777

Once Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit is awarded asbestos sufferers may also be entitled to a lump sum payment under the Pneumoconiosis (Workers Compensation) Act 1979.

If you have any questions or would like any assistance in relation to applying for benefits please contact me on 00 44 1244 340560, by e-mail or complete the form on the contact page.